Subscribe in a reader

Adolf Hitler Tomato

A German-born gardener by the name of Heinz has grown a tomato that looks like Adolf Hitler. Heinz Zielke, 77, picked the cherry tomato, which appears to have two eyes, a moustache and a quiff, from a vine in his potting shed. ‘I picked a number of tomatoes and put them on the kitchen window sill to ripen,’ said Mr Zielke, a former motor mechanic, who moved to Britain from Germany in 1964.
‘When I moved them to the fridge, I noticed the tomato seemed to have two eyes and a mouth. I thought it looked like an alien with a big head. People have since said it looks like Hitler, but I’m not so sure.’ Mr Zielke, from Cambridge, who has been growing tomatoes for many years, said it had been a particularly bad year for the fruit because of the dry spring. ‘I won’t eat the tomato – I’ll let it rot,’ Mr Zielke added. -metro.co.uk

No comments:

Popular Posts

.